Program Contents: 20 minute DVD. Includes 32 page Student Book (Pkg of 10) and 36 page Teaching Guide.
Captioned: Closed captioned
Copyright Date: 2006
PUBERTY EDUCATION FOR STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Intended for older students with special needs, gives parents and educators continued momentum in the vital task of educating adolescents with special needs.
Formatted into five discrete but sequential sections, the chapters are as follows:
• Boys’ Bodies details the anatomy and functions of male sexual organs.
• Girls’ Bodies details the anatomy and functions of female sexual organs.
• Where Do Babies Come From? includes a definition of sexual intercourse with an emphasis on privacy and maturity.
• Public or Private? describes private and public places, appropriate behaviors and societal expectations.
• Staying Safe emphasizes rules about touching, secrets and strangers.
Designed for students with mild to moderate disabilites, the following special populations will find this reassuring title comprehensible, practical and positive.
• Developmental disabilities or delays
• Intrusive behavior or mental illness
• Down Syndrome
• Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Asperger's Syndrome
• Learning disabilities
• Behavioral disabilities
• Communicative disorders