Program Contents: 37 minute DVD
Captioning: Closed captioned
Copyright Date: 2010 (revised)
(Formerly titled Assistive Technology: A Way to Differentiate Instruction for Students With Disabilities DVD)
Technology is not only having a profound impact on the way we live our lives, but also how we learn and access information. For students with disabilities, technology can make the difference between success and failure in general education environments.
Assistive Technology (AT) provides a means to help students compensate for their disabilities while building upon their strenghts. Utilizing the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), this revised and updated DVD takes you into classrooms where AT solutions are being successfully implemented for students requiring:
• Auditory Processing Supports
• Fine-Motor and Writing Supports
• Reading Supports
Observe first-hand how hardware and software programs not only assist students in being more successful academically, but how AT empowers them to be more confident and independent learners.
• Introduction to AT - 5:11 minutes
• Auditory Processing Supports - 7:30 minutes
• Fine-Motor and Writing Supports - 9:45 minutes
• Reading Supports - 11:10 minutes
• Final Thoughts - 2:44 minutes