Program Contents: 107 minute DVD.
Copyright Date: 2007
Sometimes helping customers and clients get a job is the easy part. For many, it’s keeping the job and advancing toward self-sufficiency that presents the problems. In this fast-paced, two-hour session, Jodie Sue Kelly will examine what post-placement services need to be available to help clients retain and advance in jobs. She will offer practical techniques for building job retention into placement as well as techniques that get results after they get the job. One of the key problems with coaching customers after placement is that customers often don't want the service. We will examine how to sell post-placement services to customers so they will want to participate. One strategy for helping clients advance in jobs includes providing more training, but in times of scarce resources training can’t be accessed by everyone. But everyone can learn how to keep jobs and increase their paychecks.
In this session you will:
• Identify the difference between retention and advancement services
• Identify the critical points for follow-up
• Identify how people advance in jobs
• Learn what employers look for to advance customers in jobs
• Get techniques for selling post-placement services so customers want to participate
• Get examples of how to write effective retention and advancement case notes
• Find out what to ask customers to get the information you need to coach them