Program Contents: 11 minute DVD. Includes Teaching Guide.
Captioned: Closed captioned
Copyright Date: 2009
SHOW KIDS THE DANGERS ... TEACH THEM SAFEGUARDS
Focusing on the school setting, this no-nonsense presentation explains how to avoid transmission of pathogens, with emphasis on those carried by blood and other bodily fluids.
This timely program covers these important topics:
• Germs - and how they travel from person to person
• What to do when someone has a nosebleed or gets a cut or scrape
• How teachers and the school nurse can help when someone is bleeding
• Dangerous behaviors that may spread bloodborne disease, such as handling needles or broken glass
• The importance of handwashing in preventing illness
By showing kids everyday dangers of classroom and playground, and by outlining some simple safeguards, Bloodborne Pathogens and Other Germs will help keep your students and their friends safe and healthy.