Program Contents: 15 minute DVD.
Copyright Date: 2009
VOLUME 6 OF THE COMMUNICATION SERIES
Communication is a process of creating shared understanding that includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal cues.
Describes the importance of positive communication skills and teaches effective methods for creating clear, respectful exchanges.
When you train your home care staff in positive communication skills, it increases their ability to relate effectively and improves the quality of life for patient/client.
Topics covered include:
• Verbal and non-verbal communication
• Active listening
• Asking open-ended questions
• Obstacles to communication
• Communicating with someone who has hearing loss
• Uncomfortable conversations
• Honoring your client's feelings
• Ageism: What is it? and How to avoid it
• Importance of professional appearance
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.