Use the most efficient and convenient way yet to learn the basics of American Sign Language (ASL). This program guides you step-by-step through 8 classes, divided into 30 easy-to-follow lessons. Video clips of words, sentences, and activities are used to easily introduce and reinforce key vocabulary and grammatical rules.
You will develop basic conversational ability in American Sign Language (ASL), the native language of American Deaf people. This CD-Rom includes over 360 signs and signed sentences, along with 75 skill-building quizzes and concept-reinforcing exams! Designed for beginning signers, age 8 and up!
Topics for the 8 classes include:
• Living and Non-living Things
• Daily Life
CRASH COURSE will help you:
• Get comfortable using your hands to communicate
• Recognize standard hand shapes in ASL
• See how facial expression and fingerspelling are part od ASL
• Use the index to find individual words
• Learn about Deaf Culture and Deaf resources