Program Contents: 65 minutes. Comes with a 15-page study guide.
Copyright Date: 1998
ADDRESSING MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS IN PEOPLE WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
Recognize mental health problems among people with developmental disabilities as they arise. Created to offer insight into the need for mental health services, The Critical Crossroad is ideal for use in the training of professionals and students involved in developmental or psychiatric related disabilities. The video defines a developmental disability, explains the role of family, gives descriptions of four general types of mental illness and ways to identify a change in behavior.
This video can help you learn to:
• Recognize categories of mental illness and personality structure
• Understand the effects of a developmental disability
• Identify characteristics of mental illness
• Conduct a mental health assessment meeting
• Understand a parent's perspective
BY THE ARC OF SOMERSET COUNTY, NJ