Program Contents: 4 minutes
Captioning: Closed Captioned
Copyright Date: 2005
This powerful four-minute video features ten self-advocates proclaiming some of their deepest values concerning disability, civil rights and living with dignity.
As self-advocates respond to the question, "What values are most important to you?", viewers will be both uplifted and challenged.
• I am a person first.
• I speak for myself
• The right to have my needs met
• My voice counts
• Making my own decisions
• We're stronger when we work together
• You've got to fight for your rights
• My vote counts
• Self-advocacy is a civil rights movement
• We have the right to live in the community
• We can learn from our mistakes
• If you want to know what I think, ask me
With its close up faces and background music, this short video is perfect for conferences, workshops and staff meetings.