Program Contents: 28 minutes. DVD includes 84-page curriculum.
Copyright Date: 2003
WHAT YOU LEARN IN THIS VIDEO MAY MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH FOR YOU AND THE PEOPLE YOU SERVE
Knowing how to prevent fires and being fully prepared is the obligation of every staff of every residential care facility. This fire safety training video and curriculum is designed to give your staff a basic overview of fire prevention and what they can do if a fire occurs.
The curriculum includes activities for individuals with developmental disabilities and for persons providing them service. It includes chapters on pre and post training assessment, fire prevention, safety equipment, evacuation procedures, exercises and answer key. Also features information on licensure requirements, performing drills, training consumers and a fire safety-training checklist.
Developed in cooperation with the Fire Safety Committee of the Ohio MR/DD Department, the Ohio Department of Commerce/Division of the State of Ohio Fire Marshal, and the American Red Cross under its rules.
• A fire prevention video checklist
• Information on where fires are most likelytohappen
• How to reduce the risk of a fire
• What to watch out for when heating, cooking, using electricity and appliances, and smoking
Fire Pre-Plans Overview:
• Four components of RACE: R (Rescue) A (Alarm) C (Contain) E (Evacuate)
• Fire detectors and alarm systems
• Evacuation of people with disabilities
• Fire extinguishers and sprinklers