Program Contents: 23 minutes.
Copyright Date: 2009
Respecting clients' rights to confidentiality is an important part of providing good home care. Privacy rights are legally enforced through a federal law titled HIPAA. This DVD describes HIPAA guidelines and teaches home care providers about the importance of maintaining confidentiality in a variety of settings.
• Respecting your client's right to privacy
• Definition and purpose of HIPAA
• Most common identifiers for Protected Health Information (PHI)
• The Minimum Use requirement
• Protecting your client's privacy and redirecting questions
• Client rights to view his/her own medical records
• Knowing who is authorized to receive medical information
• Medical records management and security
• Proper disposal of Protected Health Information
• Computer and email security
• HIPAA guidelines for telephone and fax
• HIPAA penalties for individuals and agencies
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.