Program Contents: 13 minute DVD.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Developed for Unlicensed Home Care Personnel)
Caregiving Series Volume 16
This program teaches unlicensed home care personnel how to assist with medications and remain within their scope of practice.
• How aging changes responses to medications
• Types of adverse reactions and side effects
• Procedures for assisting with medications
• Inquiring about whether medications were taken
• Handing the appropriately marked medication organizer to the client
• Opening the container if the client is unable to do so
• Giving a glass of water
• The role of the nurse and family caregiver in relation to medications
• The Five Rs
• Types of medication
• Medications storage
• Medications disposal
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.