Program Contents: 432 page 7 x 10 Paperback Book
Copyright Date: 2009
LEADERSHIP, DEVELOPMENT AND SUPERVISION
Edited by Janeen McCracken Taylor, Ph.D., James McGowan, Ph.D., & Toni Linder, Ed.D.
As more and more people become leaders in early childhood special education—often without training on staff development, budgets, proposal writing, and other crucial issues—they need a single resource that tells them everything they need to know. This is the only book that brings it all together! Equally useful as a text for preservice professionals and a trusted go-to resource for new administrators, this research-based book helps readers provide strong leadership across every key aspect of program development for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
The first book of its kind to address both early childhood and special education, this comprehensive resource guides administrators and supervisors through all the challenges they’ll face as they lead high-quality programs.
Readers will discover how to:
• Work toward a coordinated, family-centered system of early intervention services
• Ensure accurate screening and evaluation of young children
• Create and manage a budget using the basics of accounting
• Develop a comprehensive professional development program consistent with current best practices
• Improve staff performance through systematic, planned supervision of professionals, paraprofessionals, and volunteers
• Integrate cost-effective instructional and assistive technology that will have a significant positive impact on learning
• Ease children's transitions between settings and types of services
• Address legal issues and liabilities related to ECSE program management
• Support the health and safety of children with and without disabilities
To help them design and manage successful special education programs for young children, readers will also get sample forms for creating IFSPs and IEPs, planning transitions, evaluating staff, and assessing the program as a whole. The ultimate professional development resource for anyone who is or plans to be an early childhood special education administrator, this book uncovers the secrets to effective services, highly qualified staff, and better outcomes for children with special needs.