Program Contents: 8 minute DVD.
Copyright Date: 2011
CAREGIVING SERIES VOLUME 17
This program teaches home care personnel and family caregivers the principles of body mechanics and the importance of learning to move correctly in order to avoid injury.
• Definition of posture
• Understanding proper posture when standing
• Understanding the principles of body mechanics
• Using proper posture and proper body mechanics when lifting
• Correct body mechanics during wheelchair transfers
• Loading and unloading a wheelchair from a vehicle
• Applying the principles of body mechanics while caregiving
• The importance of patience and planning to prevent injury
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.