Program Contents: 2 DVDs and 1 CD-ROM. 90 minutes total class time, 180 minutes total workout time, 80 page activity book on CD-ROM and fitness survey.
Copyright Date: 2006
WALK, WORKOUT, BE ACTIVE FOR PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES
A 3-disc fitness course designed for adults with intellectual disabilities, ages 16 and up, to start a walking and fitness program.
Disc 1 – Nine lessons to start a walking program. Coaches teach and encourage classmates to be fit and active.
Learn how to:
• use a pedometer (not included)
• set and meet goals
• develop an active lifestyle
• get past barriers
• encourage progress and stay positive
• lasting lifestyle changes
Disc 2 -Nine workout routines. Choose beginner or intermediate, the group and move to the music!
• 3 Walk Workouts: Easy-to-follow, low-impact cardio sessions
• 3 Strength & Flexibility Workouts: Yoga standing & floor workouts
• 3 Dance Workouts: Basic moves for the dance floor.
Disc 3 -CD-ROM with 80 printable activity pages. Each page has fun activities following lessons and workouts. Can assemble a personalized activity book. Also information for staff and learning partners about support and encouragement is included.